Covid update: 105 new cases, 81% of target population is now fully vaccinated
The latest data from the Ministry of Health yet again shows a stabilisation in all islands except for Fuerteventura where incidence rates have risen over the last few days with the IA7 now at 85. This increase hasn’t affected the rates for the islands as a whole as they haven’t gone up, but it has slowed the decrease down.
Today they have reported of 105 new cases, 493 medical discharges, and one death in Tenerife of a 67-year-old man who was already hospitalised. The new cases were only in the main four islands with 51 in Gran Canaria, 35 in Tenerife, 11 in Fuerteventura, and 8 in Lanzarote.
The Ministry of Health has also informed that they are reorganising opening hours of various vaccination points in the islands as from tomorrow, due to the good progress of the vaccination campaign which now sees 81% of the target population over 12 years of age with fully vaccinated.
This favourable evolution of the campaign, together with the implementation of the two ‘Vacuna Buses’, and the reduction of the target population waiting for their first or second dose, has made this re-scheduling possible.
This does not imply any transfer of the vaccination points, nor the modification of the days they are open, which are maintained, it is only changes to the hours that, as of tomorrow, they are open as follows:
- Hospital Universitario de Gran Canaria Dr. Negrín: Monday to Friday, from 11am to 2.30pm.
- Insular-Maternal-Infant University Hospital Complex of Gran Canaria: Monday to Friday, from 8am to 3pm.
- Juan Vega Mateos Sports Center (Gáldar): Monday to Friday, from 9.30am to 1pm.
- El Calero Health Center: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 12pm.
- Escaleritas Health Center: Monday to Friday, from 10am to 2pm.
- Miller Bajo Health Center: Monday to Friday, 8am to 11am.
- Plaza Pérez Galdós. Mogán: Monday to Friday, 8am to 11am.
- San Gregorio Market: Monday to Friday, from 10am to 2pm and 3pm to 6pm.
- Club Mayores Mirador de La Villa. Santa Brígida: Monday to Friday, from 9.30am to 12pm.
- Club Mayores de Teror: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 2pm.
- Carpa de Doctoral. Doctoral y Vecindario: Monday: 2pm to 6.30pm and Tuesday to Friday: 9am to 1.30pm.
- Expomeloneras: Monday to Sunday, from 3.30pm to 6.30pm.
- Infecar: Monday to Sunday, from 3.30pm to 6.30pm.
- Hospital Universitario de Canarias: Monday to Friday, from 9am to 3pm.
- Hospital de Norte, Icod de los Vinos: Monday and Tuesday: 8.30am to 2pm, Wednesday and Thursday: 1.30pm to 7pm.
- Centro Tecnológico de Candelaria, Güímar Industrial Park: Monday and Tuesday: 8.30am to 2pm, Wednesday and Thursday: 1.30pm to 7pm.
- Casa del Emprendedor de Los Realejos: Monday to Sunday, from 8.30am to 7pm.
- Recinto Ferial, Santa Cruz: Monday to Sunday, from 8.30am to 7pm.
- Magma Art and Congress Center, Adeje: Monday to Sunday, from 8.30am to 7pm.
Data for Tuesday 14th September 2021:
New cases: 105
Gran Canaria: 51
La Palma: 0
El Hierro: 0
La Gomera: 0
Current Incidence rate (IA7): 35.16
(Cases last 7 days: 765)
Gran Canaria: 36.70
La Gomera: 9.23
El Hierro: 8.97
La Palma: 3.59
Current Incidence rate (IA14): 77.90
(Cases last 14 days: 1,693)
Gran Canaria: 80.89
El Hierro: 53.83
La Gomera: 32.29
La Palma: 17.97
Other articles that may interest you...
Covid patients in hospital: 256 (+1)
Covid patients in ICU: 53 (-)
Home isolation: 5,256
R number: 0.84 (needs to be below 1)
PCR test positivity rate: 6.19% (should be below 4.5%)
Deaths last 24 hours: 1
Tenerife: 1 (548)
Total deaths: 960
Total administered: 3,068,312
Fully vaccinated: 1,588,394 people (81.01%)
One dose: 1,646,217 people (83.96%)
Target: 1,960,774 (population over 12 years old)
Medical Discharges in last 24 hours: 493
Gran Canaria: 226
La Gomera: 3
El Hierro: 1
La Palma: 0
Total Active cases per island:
Gran Canaria: 3,384 (-175)
Tenerife: 1,836 (-220)
Fuerteventura: 264 (+8)
Lanzarote: 66 (+2)
La Palma: 8 (-)
El Hierro: 5 (-1)
La Gomera: 2 (-3)
Municipalities with most active cases in each island:
2,954 in Las Palmas (Gran Canaria)
986 in Santa Cruz (Tenerife)
281 in La Laguna (Tenerife)
239 in Adeje (Tenerife)
153 in Arona (Tenerife)
133 in Puerto del Rosario (Fuerteventura)
122 in Santa Lucia de Tirajana (Gran Canaria)
89 in Telde (Gran Canaria)
75 in San Bartolomé de Tirajana (Gran Canaria)
68 in La Oliva (Fuerteventura)
60 in Arrecife (Lanzarote)
49 in Granadilla de Abona (Tenerife)
22 in Puerto de La Cruz (Tenerife)
15 in Mogán (Gran Canaria)
7 in San Miguel de Abona (Tenerife)
6 in Guia de Isora (Tenerife)
2 in Santiago del Teide (Tenerife)
(Please note this is not all municipalities, it represents the most infected and tourist areas)