Where do I get my Digital Covid Certificate from?
For residents of the Canary Islands the EU Digital Covid Certificate is going to become the new form of identification during the rest of the pandemic, now it is needed in Tenerife, whilst in level 4, to access the interiors of various premises including bars and restaurants. However, expect its use to be widened once other countries start requiring proof of vaccination to attend events and for travel.
So far over 700,000 people in the Canary Islands have downloaded theirs, as this is the document that will be used for:
- Travel to other countries in the EU.
- Access to interiors of premises in alert Level 4.
- Future travel to the UK after they have an agreement with the EU (expected next month).
Unusually for Spain, it is a very simple document to get:
1) Go to http://www.micertificadocovid.com/
2) Fill in your NIE number and mobile phone number.
3) You will receive a verification code by SMS, enter it.
4) You will see your status and can download 3 different certificates.
- Vaccination status.
- Covid test results.
- Proof of recovery from the virus.
5) Download it (you will find it in downloads on your phone or PC).
If you have only had one jab or have to have a test (in Spain or the Canary Islands, not the UK), your status will be updated and you can download another one when needed.