The SCS has administered 328,855 doses of vaccines against Covid
The Ministry of Health of the Canary Islands have updated the vaccination data showing that they have now administered 328,855 doses of vaccines against Covid-19, of which 41,773 were given during the Easter period, days in which the vaccination continued in the Canary Islands, and not in many other regions of Spain.
Of the total doses used from the three vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for use in Europe, 231,535 are from Pfizer, 21,631 from Moderna and 75,689 from AstraZeneca.
In addition, up until yesterday, the immunization of 111,284 people has already been achieved in the Canary Islands, with two doses of the vaccine, which represents 8.25% of the target population of 1,348,856 people.
After immunization with two doses of groups 1 and 2, which is residents and workers of social health centres and front-line health professionals, vaccination continues with the rest of the groups established following the criteria of vulnerability and exposure.
In this sense, it should be noted that group 4, that of large household dependents, is 78.92% immunized with the two doses, that is, 21,309 people.
POPULATION GROUPS TO BE VACCINATED:
- Group 1: Residents and social health personnel who work in nursing homes for the elderly and care for large dependents.
- Group 2: Front-line workers in the health and social-health field.
- Group 3: Other health and social health personnel.
- Group 3A: Non-front line health workers, e.g. Dentists, dental hygienists and other personnel.
- Group 3B: Public Health services management. Health and social health personnel not previously vaccinated. Physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical office staff.
- Group 3C: Rest of health and social health personnel not previously vaccinated.
- Group 4: Large non-institutionalized dependents.
- Group 5: Senior age groups:
- Group 5A: People aged 80 and over.
- Group 5B: People from 70 to 79 years old.
- Group 5C: People from 60 to 69 years old.
- Group 6: Groups with an essential function for society:
- Group 6A: Security Forces and Bodies, Emergencies and Armed Forces.
- Group 6B: Teachers and staff of early childhood education and special education.
- Group 6C: Teachers and staff of primary and secondary education.
- Group 7: People under 60 years of age with severe Covid-19 high risk conditions and underlying health conditions.
- Group 8: People aged 56-59 years.
- Group 9: People aged 45-55 years.