Covid update: Gran Canaria has more daily cases than Tenerife again
The Ministry of Health of the Canary Islands provisionally confirmed 289 new cases of coronavirus yesterday, taking the total number of positives to 29,098 since the pandemic started.
There were no Covid related deaths yesterday, meaning that the total number of people who have lost their lives to the virus in the Canary Islands stays at 444, with the most in Tenerife (282), and half that number in Gran Canaria (141).
The new cases registered yesterday by Islands were as follows:
- Gran Canaria registered the most new cases with 134 and has now had 11,310 accumulated since the pandemic began.
- Tenerife added 91 new cases yesterday, reaching 14,229.
- Fuerteventura, with 29 new cases, now has 1,115 accumulated
- Lanzarote added 20 new cases with 1,818 accumulated.
- La Palma registered another 10 new cases, placing the accumulated at 322.
- La Gomera has 3 new cases and its accumulated are at 202.
- and El Hierro adds two new cases, with 100 accumulated, meaning that all of the Islands had some new cases yesterday.
The Ministry of Health reminds that these data are provisional, since the Alerts and Emergencies Coordination Center does not receive epidemiological information from the Autonomous Communities on weekends and holidays, so there will be no communication of complete data until tomorrow afternoon.