More calima this Wednesday in the Canary Islands getting thicker this afternoon
The State Meteorological Agency (AEMET) forecasts that the Canary Islands will continue to experience persistent haze throughout today, Wednesday, particularly this afternoon. Temperature variations are expected to be minimal, except for a slight drop in maximum temperatures in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
According to AEMET, clear skies with intermittent cloudy intervals are anticipated in low areas in the northern parts of the western islands (Tenerife and the smaller islands) at the start and end of the day.
Meanwhile, the eastern islands (Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, and Fuerteventura) will be cloudier. The wind is expected to be generally weak from the east, with occasional strong gusts locally during the central hours of the day.
The sea is predicted to be rough with the possibility of an increase in wave height along the coasts of Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, and Fuerteventura.. Swells from the northwest are expected to be between one and two metres.
Wednesday’s weather forecast island by island:
- Weather: Clear with increasing haze, particularly in the second half of the day.
- Wind: Southeast wind, occasionally strong, especially in the west of the island, turning east in the afternoon.
- Temperature: Minimum temperatures slightly rising, while maximum temperatures drop slightly. Highs of 23°C and lows of 16°C.
- Weather: Clear with haze, becoming more significant this afternoon.
- Wind: Southeast wind with strong intervals, especially in the western half of the island, turning east later.
- Temperature: small changes in minimum temperatures and a slight decrease in maximums. Highs of 22°C and lows of 16°C.
- Weather: Clear with occasional intervals of high clouds. Calima becomes more intense during the day.
- Wind: Southeast wind, occasionally strong on the northeast and southwest slopes during the central hours of the day.
- Temperature: Minimal changes, a slight drop in maximum temperatures in the southern half of the island. Highs of 25°C and lows of 17°C.
- Weather: Clear with occasional cloud intervals and light haze, potentially getting more intense later in the day.
- Wind: Light northeast wind, turning east in the afternoon.
- Temperature: Minimal changes in temperatures. Highs of 26°C and lows of 18°C.
Other articles that may interest you...