Jet2 responds to demand by adding 70,000 seats to Spain for late summer 2024
Jet2 has announced 70,000 additional seats at the end of the 2024 summer season, which will benefit 12 destinations in Spain, including the Canary Islands. Responding to demand from customers and travel agents, they have decided to increase their capacity from eight UK airports to various resorts in Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia, and Greece, spanning from late September to early November 2024.
In Spain, the destinations set to benefit are Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, Málaga, Almería, Alicante, Reus, and Girona.
"We are witnessing strong and sustained demand for summer 2024 across the board, and the late summer season is proving to be very popular. As the UK's largest tour operator, we have swiftly responded to this demand by adding additional capacity from September to November," stated Jet2 CEO Steve Heapy in a press release.
Additional flights to Spain by base airport include:
- Belfast International Airport: Additional services to Ibiza in October and Tenerife, Reus, and Lanzarote in October and November.
- Birmingham Airport: Extra capacity added to Palma (Mallorca) in September, Menorca in September and October, and Ibiza in October.
- East Midlands Airport: Additional services to seven destinations, including Reus in September and October, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, and Menorca in October, Mallorca in September, October, and November, and Tenerife in October and November.
- Edinburgh Airport: Summer 2024 extended to ten destinations, with extra services to Palma (Mallorca) in October, Málaga in October and November, and Alicante in November.
- Glasgow Airport: Additional services to Menorca, Palma (Mallorca), Reus, Tenerife, Alicante, and Ibiza in October, and Málaga in October and November.
- Leeds-Bradford Airport: Extra capacity to Ibiza in October and to Reus, Tenerife, and Girona in October and November.
- Manchester Airport: Additional capacity to Almería in September and October, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, and Reus in October, and Gran Canaria in October and November.
- Newcastle International Airport: Extra services to Ibiza and Reus in September and October, Palma (Mallorca) and Menorca in October, and Fuerteventura in October and November.
This expansion not only caters to the rising demand for summer travel but also strengthens connections between the UK and popular Spanish destinations, benefiting both holidaymakers and the travel industry.
Other articles that may interest you...