How do I buy a car?

It depends if the car is bought directly from the dealership, who will do the paperwork as long as you have your N.I.E, or if it is bought second hand from an individual.

It is necessary to pay the transfer tax (impuesto de transmisiones) at the Delegación Provincial de Hacienda, where they will present you with a contract specifying the purchaser and seller’s details and the purchase price.

Once you have this document stamped and paid, go to the Jefatura Provincial de Trafico, fill in all the change of ownership forms (cambio de titularidad) for the vehicle.

Change the name on the traffic permit (Permiso de Circulación), attach the following documents:

  • Contract signed by both parties.
  • Copies of NIE for both parties.
  • Original and a copy of the Permiso de Circulación of the vehicle.
  • Original and a copy of the log book (Ficha Técnica).
  • Technical Inspection Form.

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google


Log in | Designed by SortedSites