VIEW WHOLE
NEWSPAPER
ONLINE

Nick’s Benidorm mystery solved on his return home

A FAMILY in the UK have told of their joy, after being reunited with Nick Brzezicki, who went missing during a holiday to Benidorm.

The 32-year-old’s disappearance, after an alleged incident in the Costa Blanca resort, sparked a huge social-media campaign to find the Weston-super-Mare man.

Nick, inset, was on a short break to Benidorm with a friend, staying at the Sandos Benidorm Suites in the resort.

However, he was arrested by Spanish police and appeared in court last Wednesday after the “incident”. He was last seen at around 11.30am, when he left the court.

His wife, Laura, had flown to Benidorm to try to find him, but her search was fruitless and she flew back to the UK.

It is now understood that after leaving court, Nick attempted to walk the 50 kilometres from Benidorm to Alicante Airport. But he collapsed on the way and was picked up by Red Cross medics.

He finally contacted his mother and his family, and organised a flight back to Bristol last Saturday. He was said to have been met by police on arrival, because he had been flagged as a missing person.

Laura said: “I am so glad he is home, and safe. He has quite a few bruises, has lost a lot of weight, and is upset about what has happened. We are all over the moon to have him back safe.”

 

Short URL: http://www.canarianweekly.com/?p=47186

Posted by on Apr 12 2019. Filed under Local News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

LATEST NEWS

Log in | Designed by SortedSites