VIEW WHOLE
NEWSPAPER

Community

Capital treats at every stop!

Rebbecca Hurley will shortly be taking the most extraordinary bus journey of her life. “I’m off to the Philipines next Monday,” she enthuses, “to deliver toys and clothes for the capitals’ kids. Rogelio Castro, the bus driver featured in the BBC documentary, ‘The Toughest Place in the World to be a Bus Driver’, will […]

Not just for Christmas!

Accion del Sol news WITH Christmas just a few weeks away, we ask you to think very seriously before giving a pet as a present. That little cute ball of fluff will grow into a dog, which will need time, care, money, love and attention. It is a big commitment which the recipient may not […]

Meet Noir!

Cats Welfare news THIS beautiful, friendly girl is about 4-5 months old. She appeared, overnight, in one of the colonies we feed. She gets along with other cats, and is constantly looking for a caress. She has had her first vaccination, and has been spayed. Would anyone give this loving girl a home? Adoptions We […]

Helping Hands celebrates a 10th anniversary in style

CHILDREN’S Charity Helping Hands, celebrating its 10th anniversary of its support for Tenerife’s under-privileged youngsters, enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Europe Hotel Villa Cortes, in Las Americas, raising an astonishing €8,180 for the youngsters in need.  Liz Montague, who runs Helping Hands, said: “We had an absolutely fantastic evening, and we feel extremely proud […]

He’s gorgeous!

K9 animal news WHO is this handsome boy, you may ask? Say hello to Gilbert. He has been at K9 for a few months now. He two years old and is an extremely friendly boy, who also adores attention. We are looking for a forever home for him because he has ended up at K9 […]

Meet Rusty

Live Paws news THIS is Rusty. He is about three years old, and a medium build. He was found tied in a cave. His drinking water was green, and the food was old and dried up. He had been left there to die. Despite his ordeal, he has a very grateful personality and is very […]

Arts and crafts market

AROUND 30 Tenerife artisans will take part in the latest Arts and Crafts Island Market, on Costa Adeje’s Troya Beach today (Friday) and over the weekend, from 8am-5pm. They will offer goods in a wide range of trades, such as leather goods, glassware, jewellery, open-work, fabric decoration, ceramics, wood-turning, miniaturism, basketry, binding, modelling and metal-engraving, […]

Royal British Legion  remembers the fallen 

THE Royal British Legion in Tenerife held its annual Remembrance Service at Westhaven Bay last Sunday. And, despite the windy conditions, it was another excellent service, again attended by more than 500 people. They included former Service men and women, along with Tenerife’s British Consul. There was a warm welcome for Wingate School Choir, all […]

Mirror, mirror …

Cats Welfare news MY name is Princess Beauty. I am about five months old, and I really want to come and live with you. I have been spayed, wormed and deflead, and had my first injection. So now I’m good to go! Adoptions We have several other kittens available for adoption, and one way of […]

Come to the cabaret!

K9 animal news WE are only in November, but next month will not be be too slow in coming, so K9 would like to invite you all to their Christmas Dinner and Cabaret. It is taking place on Saturday 14th December in St Eugene’s in San Eugenio. The cost for tickets is €20, which includes […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

LATEST NEWS