VIEW WHOLE
NEWSPAPER

Community

A HUGE thank-you goes out to Maureen Sands and her fabulous students, as well as her team of amazing teachers at Estrellas Theatre School, from Helping Hands in Tenerife. Liz Montague, who runs the charity, said: “Thank you so much for supporting us. You raised  €4,000 in total at your recent Talent Show 2019, and […]

Reasons to be cheerful!

Accion del Sol news WE are so happy! The six surviving puppies, dumped in a plastic bucket outside a church, have all been adopted. We love our jobs, especially at times like this when good things come from something so bad. Thank you to those who adopted the puppies, giving them all a new, loving […]

Such hard times!

Cats Welfare news CATS Welfare Tenerife was started over 10 years ago, and has grown, immensely, over the years. We neuter around 800 cats, annually, and re-home a similar number. Over 70 amazing, dedicated volunteers work, tirelessly, to keep the charity going. We have a great team of ladies who work in the shop, devoted […]

Hi. I’m Rubius

Live Arico news “I WAS found in miserable conditions in a finca, where I was mistreated. I’m healing from my wounds, slowly. “I’m 11 years old, and don’t want to spend the rest of my life being lonely, and in a kennel. I am a small dog and a little bit shy. I’ve just recently […]

Children’s group will soon have busy hands

CHILDREN’S charity Helping Hands in Tenerife has donated €8,000 to Granadilla’s Centro Guaidyl, via its director, Paco Rodriguez. Centro Guaidyl is a special centre, providing support and protection for its youngsters and their families, who are experiencing difficult circumstances. This latest project by Helping Hands, which has been supporting the Centre since 2011, and will […]

Swallows give charities such a perfect bonanza

THE Swallows, based in Los Cristianos but spreading its wings far and wide, has raised a magnificent sum of €9,153 throughout the winter period here in Tenerife. Some €6,000 was donated to the Cancer Charity Bus fund, and Carol Salisbury, who began the venture some years ago, collected the cheque from Carole Hart, who runs […]

Lucky boy!

Accion del Sol news THIS gorgeous pure Yorkie arrived at the refuge in terrible condition, with badly-overgrown nails. He is in his later years, but he’s been very lucky. After veterinary care, and a full makeover and pedicure, he has, luckily, found a new owner who will care for him, and give him the love […]

Just look at these!

Cats Welfare news WE have a litter of seven gorgeous kittens, including the little girl pictured. Her brothers and sisters have similar markings, and they are all looking for loving homes. They are eight weeks old, and have been wormed and de-flead. They are very playful and litter trained. If you would like to meet […]

A lovely lad!

K9 animal news THIS picture of Jones was taken just as he was coming back from a long walk in the sun. He was thirsty and a bit tired. Fiona, from K9, tells the story: “He arrived at K9 a few months ago, after being found in a barranca by three young men. This beautiful […]

Little orphan Annie

Live Arico news ANNE is only a year old, and very affectionate. She’s great with everyone and loves to play. She is tiny, only the size of a breeze-block, and weighs about five kilos. Every one loves her at the shelter, but she deserves and needs a family to call her own. Do you have […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

LATEST NEWS