VIEW WHOLE
NEWSPAPER

Community

Charity Bus is still bowling along well

SHEILA Ball, Vice-Captain of The Early Birds Bowling Club, presents a magnificent €1,500 cheque to the Cancer Bus Charity at Happy Days Sports Club, Costa del Silencio. The donation was collected from the generous Club members throughout the past year. Carol Salisbury, who founded the charity, with all donations being collected for her by the […]

Microchip March

Cats Welfare news MARCH is the month to get your cats and dogs microchipped. We all know how valuable chipping your pet is, and that it is a legal requirement, here in Tenerife. Our vets will be charging the reduced price of €25, for either a cat or dog, during this month. Please send us […]

Meet Rigby

Live Arico news RIGBY is a Husky mixed breed, and is about six years old. He was found after the police were alerted, when his owner had not been seen for a while. Unfortunately, his owner was found dead, and poor Rigby was chained up with no food or water. He is a lovely and […]

Thank you, everyone!

Accion del Sol news DESPITE the hot weather, our campaign to adopt a dog, and not buy, was greatly supported. Many of the lovely dogs in our care got to have a walk down to the sea, all sporting their green neckerchieves. The dogs thoroughly enjoyed a well-deserved cool-off in the sea, before gently strolling […]

Beautiful cats need homes!

Cats Welfare news GIZMO (pictured) is two and a half years old, and has silky grey/black fur. He is fine with other cats, but needs a home with no small children. He is very cuddly, and has been vaccinated, neutered and microchipped. Mona Lisa is a black, six-month-old girl. She was found, terrified, in a […]

Scrappy

K9 animal news LAST November, it was a typical day at K9. The kennels had been cleaned, the dogs were fed and walked, and they were starting to settle for the night. Fiona, at K9, tells the story: “The front gate opened, and a young couple came in with a small dog. She was introduced […]

Hi – I’m Foxy

Live Arico news THIS is our lovely Foxy. He is seven years old, and has spent five of those years in the dog shelter. It’s time for him to live in a real home. He is an amazing sweetheart, and good with all people, children and female dogs. He is a really happy soul, and […]

Lucky to be alive!

Accion del Sol news WE never fail to be amazed by the unbelievable cruelty of which humans are capable. These gorgeous puppies were dumped in a plastic container, by a person with no heart for animals or life, outside the church in Tegueste. They’re now safely at the refuge, and on their way to recovery. […]

Please adopt me!

Cats Welfare news HELLO. I’m a young lad called O’Malley, and I’m about two years old. I have been neutered, I’m leukaemia negative, and my jabs are up to date (including rabies). I’m microchipped, and have a blue EU passport, so I can travel right now! I’m very loving and smart,  and child, cat and […]

The kids enjoy sport and music

THE beginning of February has certainly proved to be a busy period for the charity. Following the marathon runner raising 1000€ to support swimming lessons for the children in Guaidyl in Granadilla, we have signed the contracts with the Council and the swimming pool/sports centre, and their lessons started this Wednesday. We also bought goggles […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google

LATEST NEWS