IT’S OFFICIAL: Rest of the Canaries will start Phase 2 as of Monday 25th May
The Minister of Health, Salvador Illa, has just announced that the islands of Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, and La Palma will move to phase 2 of the Governments de-escalation plan on Monday, May 25th, a process initiated due to the crisis caused by the coronavirus.
Illa stressed, in a press conference after the Council of Ministers, that these decisions are adopted based on the criteria established by the Ministry of Health, and jointly with all the autonomous communities of Spain.
Any amendments to the rules of phase 2 will be updated in the BOE in the next 48 hours, ready to be implemented on Monday, but:
- shops in commercial centres will be able to open
- bars will be able to have clients inside
- restaurants will be able to open
- some beaches will open
- people can meet in groups up to 15 at home or in public
- exercise hours will increase for everyone under 70
- Weddings with a number of attendees limited to 100 outside, 50 inside.
- Wakes/funerals for a larger number of attendees than in phase 1
- In tourist accommodation, opening of common areas limited to one-third capacity
- Cinemas, theatres, auditoriums and similar spaces (with pre-assigned seats) with a capacity limitation of one third
- Limitation increased to 50% of the capacity in places of religious worship.
.... all with restrictions!!